Security cameras can simply be installed as a warning—a sign that informs criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your home security cameras to tighten your home’s security.
Fortunately, today’s security cameras arrive armed with a plethora of features all tailor-made to deliver comprehensive protection for your family. Whether it’s two-way audio and recording options or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion detection, these additions help you to have the most from security cameras in Peoria.
How To Set Up Your Peoria Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to improving your security cameras is installing them in the proper areas around your house. Interior security cameras should be placed in high traffic rooms such as the living room or family room. It’s also a good move to install a camera near main entryways, stairs, or other centralized areas thieves would have to pass to access the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras should provide a clear scene of your front door, front walk, front and yards, garage, and other exterior separated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your front porch with a sleek doorbell camera.
There are places within your home that aren’t quite as imperative to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, setting a camera in the vicinity can impact your privacy. You can always add window or motion sensors if you want some type of security in bedrooms.
Features That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Component placement is only the foundation for getting the most out of home security cameras in Peoria. The innovations shown below help to maximize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See automatic messages on your phone whenever strange movement is sensed. You can also set cameras to begin recording when activity is detected which helps boost camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your home security cameras to film and back up clips so you can view them later.
- 2-way talk: Most of modern security cameras have a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually speak to anyone with the device. With your mobile app, you can act like you’re inside or greet your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, allows for a more comprehensive look at an area. Opt for cameras that have a minimum of 120-degree angle lens or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your home security cameras come with either LED or infrared sensors that can capture footage of overnight movement.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the opportunity to guard single spots within your home.. For example, you can tell your doorbell camera to alert you of movement taking place on your yard or your driveway and overlook cars passing or the sidewalk.
- App: app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera feeds, direct cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send up-to-date alerts when the see unusual motion around your home.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your home security cameras in Peoria is more simple. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way audio, your home security system rises from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (309) 316-6084 or submit the form below to begin building your home security system today.