What do you want in a baby monitor in Peoria?
In previous generations of parenting, a baby monitor was really straightforward. You install a microphone-type device on a table next to the crib, transmitting sound to a receiver that looks like a walkie talkie. However, baby monitors now have more options. For instance, today’s monitors now offer high-definition video feeds and two-way talk. You can also connect your monitors to your wireless network so you may move around wherever you want. The latest baby monitors in Peoria are so elaborate that they mimic interior surveillance systems in both features and expense.
Can you replace your baby monitor with a home security camera?
Due to the fact that baby monitors and indoor security cameras incorporate many of the same features, you have many people in Peoria linking their child’s bedroom to their comprehensive home security package. So it makes sense -- especially if you’re upgrading to Vivint smart home technology -- as your baby monitor will give you access to:
● Night vision video: Your monitoring device should have at minimum 1080p high-def video, and infrared functionality for acceptable viewing of darkened rooms.
● 2-way communications: You won’t always have to go into the room to quiet your newborn back to a restful state. Your calming voice may be all you need to keep your little one asleep.
● Motion activation: While it’s an option to have your monitoring device function around the clock to watch your baby sleep, your own alertness may begin to waver. Conversely, if your video surveillance identifies unusual activity, it can be programmed to send a text alert to your smartphone. This is helpful when your adventurous newborn quietly scrambles up the crib or when your family dog wanders into the space.
● Save and send recordings: Most baby monitors don’t record portions of video. Now you have the ability to transmit a brief sample to a relative or family friend to allow them a glimpse of what a beautiful sleeping baby you have.
● Mobile phone monitor: As an alternative to carrying a separate device wherever you go, you are now able to watch from your home security app. You might even say hello to your young one and babysitter when you go for an evening away.